Goal – use the magnetic lasso, quickmask and image adjustment tools to combine two images in a piece that makes you believe in time travel.
Process – read on OR scroll down to watch my videos that guide you through this project. Save often as you work.
Inspiration: the Time Travel series by Flora Borsi.
- use Google Images to find a black and white image that will serve as the background of your image. Think of a historical image – search terms might include “old photos” or “historical photos” or a specific event.
- use Google Images to find an image that does not match the time period of your background image. Think in terms of Ironman in the US Civil War or a jet flying next to the Wright Brother’s airplane.
- Use the magnetic lasso tools and quick mask tools to select your modern image. Save often – make sure that are saving as a Photoshop file.
- Copy/paste your image onto the historical image.
- Use transform tools and image adjustment tools to make the images match in scale.
- Make sure that you arrange your images so that you will use layer masking to create a more realistic effect.
- Done? Place your before and after images into your Digital Portfolio.
Finding Images with Google Images
Using the Magnetic Lasso Tool
The Full Project Walk Through