You will use an online-box generator to build a the basic box design. Then you will download your plan as an SVG file and open the file in Inkscape for final production and design.
- Go to http://www.makercase.com/
- Enter the desired OUTSIDE dimensions of your box. IF you want to build a box larger than 3 inches square please ask Mr. Milstead first.
- Keep the material thickness at 1/8 inch if you are working with the usual thin plywood.
- Choose from one of the the three edge join types.
- Change the tab width as desired.
- Click the “Generate Laser Cut Plans” button.
- A new window will appear in your browser: no changes are needed – just click the download button in the lower right hand corner.
NOW to Inkscape:
- Open Inkscape.
- Open your new box design – usually called caseplans.svg.
- Select the entire design and set the Stroke Style to .001 of an inch. DO NOT RESIZE any parts of the box cutlines.
- Add school appropraite designs, graphics or text to the sides of the box.
- Save your file as a PDF and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.