Your goal is to laser cut a greeting card that uses cut outs and engraved text/images as part of the design.
Here are the key steps to success:
1. in Inkscape, go to File and choose document properties.
2. set the paper size to U.S. Letter which is 8.5 by 11 inches.
3. choose Landscape or Portrait for your orientation
4. IF you want to laser cut text it is best if you use a stencil font. Click here for free stencil fonts.
5. If you want to have laser cut text on the front of the card, you have to reverse your text. To do this, click on the text and go the Object menu. Choose Flip Horizontal and your text will be reversed. Then position your text.